We value your privacy!
Your email address will never be added to any mailing list or used for purposes other than a response directly from our staff.
Below are the current open positions at Athena GTX. We are always looking to add talented team members. If you think you would be a good fit with our company and there is not an open position in your field of interest, feel free to fill out the careers form below and send us your resume. We will keep your information on file should an opening come up.
We value your privacy!
Mechanical Design Engineer
Athena GTX, Inc. is currently seeking a highly-qualified, innovative Mechanical Engineer/Design Engineer to take responsibility for the design, development and testing of solutions that meet our clients’ needs. In this role, the selected engineer will participate in assigned projects from conceptual start-to-finish (transition to manufacturing), including design of innovative solutions in Solid Works and documentation of equipment specifications, testing proposed solutions for effectiveness, and presenting proposals to managers and clients.
The candidate shall have 3-5 years of direct and applicable Solid Works experience and a proven track record as they will be expected to be creative and innovative and to periodically supervise overall design maturation activities. The role specifically is to ensure that projects are completed on-time within the allocated budget. May include travel to client facilities to oversee implementation, product and program generation and trade shows as necessary.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare technical and program maturation plans with detailed drawings that include project specifications and cost estimates.
- Design and execute engineering experiments to create workable solutions.
- Develop 3D models, calculations, diagrams, drawings, and technical reports.
- Complete required technical and regulatory documents.
- Ensure projects are completed on-time and within the specified budget.
- Assist in, review and edit technical proposals and papers.
- Present analysis results and project solutions to technical leads, senior leaders and clients as necessary.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, while Biomedical Engineering may also qualify with relevant experience.
- 3-5 years of direct and applicable Solid Works experience. Experience in a highly regulated industry such as medical/automotive a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication, including creating and delivering presentations both internally and to customers.
- Advanced skills in critical Solid Works design. Other software applications, such as Microsoft Office, Grab CAD Workbench/Print, Insight and Control Center a plus.
- Proven experience in advanced design for various manufacturing processes, including but not limited to injection molding, CNC machining, and 3D printing.
- Expertise in data and problem analysis, creative problem solving and design thinking.
- Up-to-date knowledge and technical skills required to design, develop and operate our core products and services.
Benefits Package for all positions
Athena GTX offers full benefits to employees who work 30 – 40 hours per week. We know most people are concerned about their benefits package. Athena is pleased to offer a competitive package for those interested in joining our team.
Athena GTX is an EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer working for both civilian and the Department of Defense (DOD). All candidates must be US citizens or already possess the right to work in the USA. Company cannot sponsor Visas at this time. All candidates must sign a confidentiality agreement and agree to random drug/alcohol screening. Candidates shall forward a resume and salary history including past employment references and any applicable secondary education transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone or walk in inquiries please.