Engineering/Mechanical Engineer – Immediate Openings
Athena GTX, Inc. is a high tech small business specializing in wirelessly enabled miniature medical electronics/monitoring devices. Athena has immediate openings for all engineering but primarily for mechanical engineers in Des Moines, Iowa.
Athena GTX currently has immediate openings for full-time Mechanical Engineers and/or Biomedical/Mechanical Engineers to join our team in Johnston, Iowa. This position is currently open and will remain so until all positions are filled. Multiple levels are open currently with salary dependent on experience. We are looking for the right candidates that want to create the next generation of creative medical products and collaborate on truly creative R&D funded efforts. Candidates with advanced degrees, extensive experience, or specialized skills can expect to be compensated appropriately for the level at which they are hired.
The engineers selected will be part of a dynamic team designing custom medical devices. In addition, the successful candidate must be an independent thinker and can create assembly drawings, write and maintain documentation, communicate within a team exceedingly well and have experience in mechanical design and testing.
The candidate must have demonstrated competence in:
- CAD design, SolidWorks preferred
- Creating part files, assemblies, drawings and bills of material
- Structural design
- Fluid control system design
- Sealing design
- New product development
- Design for manufacturing of different materials, with an emphasis on plastics
- Design for a variety of manufacturing methods such as injection molding, 3D printing and machining
- Product testing and validation
- Technical writing/reporting DFMEA/PFMEA
- Manufacturing process design
- Written and spoken communication across a multi-disciplinary team
- Ideally, some interest, experience or training in the medical industry and/or health care
- AS/AA & 2 to 3 Years Applicable Experience or
- Four Year BS degree in relevant area & 1 Year of Internship/COOP or Experience
- All candidates must have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Preferably a 3.25 or higher.
- Applicant must already be eligible to work in the US, as we are a US Government contractor
Familiarity and/or experience with:
- Design & development methods
- Creating/following development plans
- Creating/following design input requirements
- Verification/validation activities
If you are ready for an innovative and dynamic position filled with technical challenges and want to be part of a highly innovative and creative group working on the next generation of medical products and wireless communications apply below.