Embedded Systems Engineer – Immediate Opening
Athena GTX, Inc. is a high tech small business specializing in wirelessly enabled miniature medical electronics/monitoring devices. Athena has immediate openings for all engineering but primarily for Embedded Systems Engineers in Des Moines, Iowa.
Athena GTX is proud to design and manufacture wireless, mobile, patient-worn, multiple-casualty monitors to assist in point-of-injury triage and treatment decisions for civilian and military first responder markets. Athena is looking for the right technically proficient candidates to build a strong leadership team to address the critical needs of our customers.
This technical position is part of a growing and dynamic team in novel miniature and wirelessly enabled medical product development and will require inner drive, ability to improvise and determination. The successful candidate must possess an ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, be a strong team player, and should have a deep desire to innovate and create solutions to problems that may have no obvious solution. This is an ideal position for an innovative engineer seeking to do projects that have never been done before using a growing skill set.
The embedded software engineers selected will be part of a dynamic team designing and coding software for embedded systems. In addition, the successful candidate must be an independent thinker and have the ability to debug and troubleshoot software, write and maintain documentation, and preferably have experience using a repository to maintain code.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and implement software of embedded devices/systems from requirements to production
- Design, develop, code, test, and debug embedded system software/firmware
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Analyze and enhance efficiency and stability where appropriate
- Provide post production support
- Participate in design reviews
- Execute necessary documentation
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Technical AS degree & 2 Years Applicable Experience or
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other applicable area
- Applicant must be currently eligible to work in the US, as we are a US Government contractor
- Demonstrated programming experience in C
- Demonstrated experience with hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Experience with embedded development tool suite such as IAR Workbench, Code Composer Studio, MPLab, or Code Warrior
- Knowledge of networking & communication protocols, interfaces, and hardware subsystems (UDP, TCP/IP, I2C, UART, SPI, RS232)
- Ability to read and understand schematics and component datasheets
- Strong documentation and writing skills
- Experience in a regulated industry a plus
Familiarity and/or experience with:
- Real-time operating systems
- GUI design
- Control systems (PID)
- Creating/following development plans
- Creating/following design input requirements
- Verification/validation activities
If you are ready for an innovative and dynamic position filled with technical challenges and want to be part of a highly innovative and creative group working on the next generation of medical products and wireless communications apply below.